Thursday, August 5

Strongholds and Fortresses: Is this the Military or Something?


Ch-ch BOOM! Ch-ch BOOM! That's the sound of a battle fought by the Lord.

Wednesday Night Bible Study was intense yesterday. We talked about "strongholds"--which are likened to the fortresses built by militia to protect the area within. Instead of literal strongholds we talked about spiritual ones... the kind that might be detrimental to our faith.

And then we named a few: holding grudges, lust (covetousness), pride, insecurities, not trusting...etc.

And we read in 2Corinthians10:3-5

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ...


I know I'm all over the place but God has been dealing with me in Galatians3:2 where Paul sort of tells the Galatians off about them trying to justify themselves by the law. He was enthralled because they had been trying to follow the law and not believe God's hand in their salvation. Let me read it to you...

"Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? Have you suffered so much for nothing--if it really was for nothing? Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law?, or because you believe what you heard?"

I know that that was long-winded, but it was powerful right?

It is only God who heals these hurts and sins (strongholds) if we decide to let down our buckets for help.

Anyway later on yesterday night God led me to Psalm18:2 where David says (or sings) after being delivered from his enemies, "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

So the conclusion of the this commentary is that we should confess our faults to one another or to God, then to allow God to heal these 'strongholds' or protected areas, and finally to ultimately to remember and trust God to do it because this supernatural healing cannot be done by human effort!!!

This ain't the military but it sure feels like I'm fighting a war!

God will fight for us if we trust Him.

1 comment:

CynthiaRHill said...

Hey followers...lol:

I have some new found revelation for this subject and it is that Jesus (our King) has authority over every authority.

I am loving God more and more and would like to hear from ya'll. So key in on your thoughts and revelations.

Talk to you soon!